Tuesday 21 April 2009

Footballers ~ not that bright, are they?

Liverpool will be without Kvarme tonight, he's illegible. Jimmy Armfield
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
Talk about slow!! I've seen milk turn quicker! Roy Hodgson.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
The action replay showed it to be worse than it actually was. Ron Atkinson.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
Norwich's goal was scored by Kevin Bond, who is the son of his father. Frank Bough.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
Our fans have been branded with the same brush. Ron Atkinson.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
I spent a lot on booze, women and fast cars ~ the rest I squandered. George Best.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
I never comment on refs. and I am not changing the habit of a life time for that prat. Ron Atkinson
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
My parents have always been there for me - every since the age of seven. David Beckham.
----ooooo00000ooooo-----
Michael Owen, he has the legs of a salmon. Craig Brown.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
Paul Scholes is the complete midfielder, there's not a weakness he hasn't got. Steve Bruce.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
The beauty of cup football is that Jack always has a chance of beating Goliath. Terry Butcher.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
On this FA Cup Final day at Wembley, there are just two teams left. David Coleman.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
With just 4 minutes gone, the score is already nil-nil. Ian Darke.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
Thieves broke into Manchester City's trophy room, police are looking for two men with a pale blue carpet. Me!
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
They'll be home before the post-cards. Tommy Docherty on Scotland's World Cup chances.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
The Bristol City manager wanted to sign Hertz Van Rental ~ he thought he was a Dutch international. Me!
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
Retirement? You're joking ~ especially as the alternative is staying home all day with my wife! Alex Ferguson.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
...and Southampton have an uphill mountain to climb. John Hardy.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----
We are coming to the end of the game and the referee is looking at his whistle. John Helm.
-----ooooo00000ooooo-----

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My first 21 years were in BRISTOL, Monks Park until I was 18, 3 years at Redland Teacher Training College then off to the bright lights of London for 10 years. Living in Horfield from the early 50s my dad took me to Eastville to watch the Rovers regularly, the first team mainly but often to see the reserves as well. I joined the supporters' club in the mid 60s and was membership secretary of the junior club, eventually taking over as chairman after the famous Gordon J Bennett left. In 1969 I moved to SE London to start my teaching career.I taught at Crown Woods, Eltham and Thomas Tallis in SE London and the next 27 years at Lake Middle School on the Isle of Wight. My main subject was mathematics and I taught a lot of PE concentrating mainly on football. Whilst in London I played football for Ramsgate, Faversham Town, Carshalton Athletic and Corinthian Casuals. My wife bought a half share in STROLLERS beach cafe in 2006 and I spend a lot of time with the customers. Viewing some of the pictures on this site will give you an idea of how I spend my leisure time.

Followers