Thursday 15 January 2009

STROLLERS ~ Points to ponder.

Avoid cliches like the plague.
Never hit a man with glasses ~ use your fist.
It's easy to forgive an enemy ~ after you have got even.
A clear conscience is a sign of a bad memory.
If you can't beat them ~ pay to have them beaten.
The world is full of apathy ~ So what!?
If tomorrow never comes ~ then you're dead.
Don't judge a book by its movie.
Borrow money from pessimists ~ they don't expect it back.
Money is the root of all wealth.
A bird in the hand~ makes blowing your nose dificult.
SMILE ~ it makes people wonder what you are thinking.
Drilling for oil is a boring job.
One good turn ~gets most of the duvet.
The bigger they are ~ the harder they hit.
If at first you don't succeed ~ don't try sky-diving.
Be nice to your kids ~ they'll be choosing your nursing home.
A fool and his money are soon partying.
If you can't laugh at yourself ~ make fun of others.
Change is inevitable ~ except from a vending machine.

3 comments:

  1. HEY STEVE,

    LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG. ARE WE THE FIRST AMERICANS TO RESPOND? BEEN VISITING YOUR CAFE FOR YEARS ON OUR VISITS TO GILL AND DON. WE ARE YOUR NEW JERSEY FRIENDS. MISSING TOUR "ROCK CAKE". WILL KEEP A CHECK ON YOUR WISDOM. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER. KEEP THE JOKES COMING. KAREN & WALT LOVE THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, glad you are pleased with the humor! We had a walk to Shanklin with Gill and Don, they told us they will be seeing you soon. We are watching your new president at this very moment ~ very best wishes from Steve and Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO STEVE,

    HAVING A GRAND TIME IN AMERICA. FLORIDA IS WARMING UP AND WE DON'T MISS THE SNOW. WHAT WE DO MISS IS THE "ROCK CAKES". PLENTY OF WALKING, FISHING,AND BOATING WITH KAREN & WALT. SEE YOU SOON. GILL & DON

    HEY STEVE,
    OFFERED PLENTY OF CINNAMON BUNS, BUT NOT AS GOOD AS STROLLERS. BEEN TRYING TO GET THEM TO GO HOME, BUT THEY LIKE IT HERE TOO MUCH. ENJOYING OUR BRITISH COUSINS. ANY NEW JOKES. 25???
    KAREN & WALT

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My first 21 years were in BRISTOL, Monks Park until I was 18, 3 years at Redland Teacher Training College then off to the bright lights of London for 10 years. Living in Horfield from the early 50s my dad took me to Eastville to watch the Rovers regularly, the first team mainly but often to see the reserves as well. I joined the supporters' club in the mid 60s and was membership secretary of the junior club, eventually taking over as chairman after the famous Gordon J Bennett left. In 1969 I moved to SE London to start my teaching career.I taught at Crown Woods, Eltham and Thomas Tallis in SE London and the next 27 years at Lake Middle School on the Isle of Wight. My main subject was mathematics and I taught a lot of PE concentrating mainly on football. Whilst in London I played football for Ramsgate, Faversham Town, Carshalton Athletic and Corinthian Casuals. My wife bought a half share in STROLLERS beach cafe in 2006 and I spend a lot of time with the customers. Viewing some of the pictures on this site will give you an idea of how I spend my leisure time.

Followers

Blog Archive